Sunday 13 August 2006

Encountering William Stafford

I first encountered the work of William Stafford in a meaningful way in the spring of 2005. As I stood and read "A Ritual to Read to Each Other" in the Manchester College library, I found myself, in the words of Robert Frost, "immortally wounded" by the poem. I wanted to re-enter the lines and settle in. I felt a tug on my spirit to try and figure this wondrous writer out...For this reason I have begun a new weblog, Encountering William Stafford, to chronicle my journey with one of America's most beloved poets. I invite you to join in, share and grow along with me.

August 28, both the anniversary of Stafford's death and the Feast of St. Augustine, will be the official launch of the site, but you can head on over now and watch from the very beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment