Tuesday 26 September 2006

(Impact) Living is easy...

All this talk about impact shopping got me thinking in lists, and it's surprisingly easy...(some of them I'm already doing):


  • co-op (I get a wicked good employees discount!)

  • farmer's market

  • Goodwill

  • patronize local businesses

  • patronize businesses in my neighborhood/end of town

  • drive less

  • water, no soda, less coffee (fair trade & organic)

  • pillage friends' gardens/grow my own

  • bike to church

  • short showers ("Keep 400 pounds of CO2 out of the atmosphere annually by shortening your shower." from NCP)

  • no smoking (don't give them your money! plus all the energy to grow, manufacture, distribute to the market, cover up unethically for something so clearly unhealthy)

  • reuse paper

  • compost

  • no lot-fed beef (only local or organic or free-range; none from the Amazon)

  • print duplex (and talk profs into accepting papers in this format...it's a seminary...it should seem obvious)

  • no Haye's stores

  • open source software

  • d.i.y. (do it yourself)

  • don't make a bigger impact (drive farther, etc...) just to accomplish these


  • I'm sure I'll think of more...

No comments:

Post a Comment